Hey Everyone !
I know many women out there who complain about having dark underarms, dark elbow and pigmentation over the knees. As a teenager while I was growing up I too went through the same problem. So I do hope this can be as helpful to you girls, as it was for me.
Here are some helpful home Remedies :
1) Lemon Scrub : Cut a lemon into Half and gently scrub the areas which are dark. Lemon will help in lightening of the skin as well as will clear of the dead skin. However for those with dry skin, make sure you add some honey to the lemon. Since lemon tends to dry the skin out and don’t forget to add some moisturizer once your done .
2) Tomato Juice : Take a slice of tomato and gently rub onto the dark areas leave it on for sometime and then wash it off.
3) Coconut Oil : This really helps is lightening of dark pigments, apply coconut oil to the affected areas before bath. Then wash it off normally.
4) Gram flour & Yoghurt : Make a nice pack of gram flour, yoghurt and turmeric. This is a really effected pack which helps in skin lightening.
5) Sugar & Olive oil – Exfoliate your skin with Brown sugar and olive oil, this help is taking care of all your dead skin. Use it twice a week either before or during your shower.
6) Orange Peel Powder – Make a pack of orange peel powder with milk, and rub this on to the affected areas.
7) Avoid Shaving : Frequent shaving of hands and legs or underarms, causes the hair to thicken thus making the skin dark. So skin shaving and try waxing, since waxing removes the hair from the roots ,thus helps in lightening of the area.
8) Skip Harmful deodorants : Some deodorants contain harmful chemicals, which cause inflammation of the skin. Avoid Deo’s which burn your skin once you apply it.
Please make note that these home remedies do they take time to work, so don’t expect to see results like over night. Chose anyone which works for you and make sure you do it on a regular basis.
Also in spite of all this, if you still don’t see results over a period of time then I suggest you could check with a doctor just incase you have some hormonal imbalance, as that also causes the skin to darken.
Please do share your experience and tips & tricks. I love to get feedback from you’ll.
Until then stayed tuned for more & please don’t forget to subscribe, share & like !